Tuesday, April 29, 2008

This is for me

Being back in Rexburg is bringing back lots of memories. Tonight Charles and I went to soccer practice at Porter Park (one of my favorite places here:) It was just like last summer, everyone there people form our old ward and old roommates. Something was missing though. Jess! (This is her blog) My best friend and previous roommate. She graduated with her Associates and moved to WA where she is now working and going to school for her bachelors. After playing soccer for about and hour I got tired so I sat down by all the bags. While sitting I heard a phone ring, it was the same ringtone that Jess always had. Talk about de ja vu. Crazy. So since I miss my friend so much and have been reminiscing about all we used to do I thought I would take you an an adventure down memory lane.

This is where it all began Kerr 221. We hit it off right form the start. Along with our other best friend Ashlee, there was never a dull moment. (I think its our crazy personalities)



We pretty much became joined at the hip. We went everywhere together. Both of us are a little oc and clean freaks so we even had fun cleaning together. (Though sometimes it would get a little outta hand;)



We could always be found laughing (especially if it was three in the morning :)



No matter what we did we seemed to have fun. Of course there was drama (lots and lots of drama) But hey, can you really live in a dorm full of girls with out it? Its interesting to me that even though we had some really rough semesters when I look back and remember I think of the good stuff.








So now we are all off doing different things. Jess is a pilot and planning on running an airport someday, Ashlee will probably find the cure for cancer and while also learning tikwando and how to surf in Hawaii. I am married and back in Rexburg. Still, you never forget the people you love. Somehow as you share experiences and grow together they leave a piece of themselves with you. It becomes a part of you and you carry it forever. Bottom line I love them, miss them and cant wait for the wonderful times we will have ahead! :)

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi friend... I miss you too :) I really do wish I could be back there in Rexburg with you and Chuck right now. You know, our years together are definitely some of the happiest of my whole life. Thanks for always bein' there for me. I love ya.

Carla said...

This is how college life should be! :)

Jenny said...

it's fun seeing all these pictures of you and your friends. i'm glad you posted them. :)

thank goodness for the internet, it makes it so much easier to keep in touch w/ the people we love.

The Queen said...

Aww. It's hard being married at first sometimes. You miss how things used to be while still loving the new life. But hey, anytime you want to eat cookies and ice cream I'm here for ya!! :)