Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Our Grand Adventure

Packing the car was like watching those clowns at the circus who one after the other keep getting into the car till you wonder how they all fit. We kept bringing stuff down and putting it out on the lawn like a yard sale. Somehow we managed to fit everything into my Rio to go up to Pasadena. (Of course we drove at a whopping 55 mile an hour almost the whole way)

We stayed in Pasadena for a few days then we traveled up to Utah to stay with John, Jenny & Co. It was so fun to see every one. Charles took part in many battles risking life and limb to defeat the great Jonah! (Somehow Jonah always came out victorious.)

We loved Ruby she is so cute! I think she was wondering why I was interrupting her breakfast to take pictures.


Jenny and the kids left to go to Idaho on Monday. The kids were so excited, they kept wearing their backpacks.

Jenny's Dad came to drive with them, he was a fun Guy. I can now say that a bishop taught me how to play poker on Sunday! We had fun playing! (I did pretty well actually :)



On Tuesday we went to Salt Lake city where we stayed with Sarah and Jason. Driving there was interesting. As soon as we left Orem it became a blizzard. We stopped at Ikea (I love that store) on the way. By the time we got to Salt Lake there was a pretty good layer of snow on the car. Luckily we had decided to put the stuff from the top rack into the explorer, otherwise all our clothes would have been soaking wet!
On Wednesday Jason took us shooting! It was a lot of fun. Charles and Jason of course have been before and were old pros. I was pretty shocked when Charles shot the clay pigeons out of the sky one after another. I had no idea what a good shoot he was!




3 comments:

Carla said...

I didn't know Charles was such a good shot, either! :)

Lyle said...

Gee, you're right--Charles DOES look sooo hot with a gun!

Jenny said...

it was so fun to have you guys here. come back! :)

that picture of ruby is hilarious. love it.

shooting looks like fun. i'll have to show my boys those pictures.