Tuesday, April 22, 2008

children and trains

This is an article which my friend Amy came across. I found it to be very interesting. I am not sure what I would be comfortable with since I don't have kids as of yet. I think that she has some really good points though. Sometimes we get so scared that everyone is out to get us that we not only overprotect our children but ourselves as well. By doing that we miss out on a lot of "growth" opportunities. I thought the the most interesting line in the whole thing was "A child who thinks he can’t do anything on his own eventually can’t." I think this is true, when you let someone figure things out on their own they become self sufficient, its like that Chinese proverb, give a man a fish, he eats for a day, teach a man to fish he eats for a lifetime.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

interesting article. i'd heard a little about this story. it was nice to hear the mother's side. thanks. :)