Thursday, May 1, 2008

to good to pass up

So with all this free time I have to enjoy till my job starts (one week! I cant wait!) I have been catching up on some reading. My friend Martha lent me a wonderful book called The Peacegiver; how Christ offers to heal our hearts and homes by James L Ferrel.



What an amazing book. I really enjoyed it and completely recommend it. It takes you through some biblical stories, explaining them in ways I had never thought of. It's not your average doctrinal book which sometimes can put you to sleep if not careful. Instead the author choose to use a parable of a man struggling with his marriage and lack of understanding of the atonement. It talks about how we can find lasting peace in our lives.

My other recommendation is the movie August Rush



Charles and I loved it! Combine a sweet story, wonderful music and great acting (Freddie Higmore does a great job!) If you want some good entertainment, look no further. It is an inspiring movie!

5 comments:

Jenny said...

was the movie sad? the preview always make me want to cry.

thanks for the book review!

Unknown said...

Great movie! It was sad once or twice, but not in the way you'd think! And anyway, it's a happy ending. :) Thanks for recommending the book, Laura. I'll definitely try to find it!

Laura said...

I agree with jess, it was sad once or twice but on the whole it is inspiring and a really happy story!

Aubrey said...

Nate and I both liked it too! People told me that the music was a little off with the conducting so I was scared to watch it. But when we watched I think I only caught a mistake once. I was impressed!

Levi and Marissa said...

Saw your blog on facebook.. SO CUTE! You look so happy and like you're enjoying married life! :)