Tuesday, July 14, 2009

The trip

Here I am back in good ol Rexburg. California was AWESOME! The only bad part was that Charles couldn't be there to enjoy it with us. Ella loved all the swimming and hiking we did. I have to thank Ginger for the Baby Bjorn carrier, I used it almost everyday. We started the trip in beautiful San Diego. I think that I could live there someday. There are so many things to do, we went to a free concert at Balboa Park, there are all sorts of interesting places to visit like Sea World, and Old Town, not to mention the beaches and pools. (Have I ever told you how much I love to swim?) Anyways, it was pretty much a big family reunion. On Monday July 6th we all traveled up to Mammoth Lakes CA. This is another place I could live, at least in the summertime. Growing up my family went to Mammoth almost every summer. Our family owns a cabin there. I love this place about as much as I love chocolate. Can't live without it. I haven't been there for about 8 years. That is the longest stretch yet, when we arrived I rolled down my window and inhaled the strong scent of pine and quaking aspens. The trees danced for me in the wind while I listened to the sound of the stream rushing past. It was like coming home.



It's a good thing we are back, I think that Ella missed her Dad.


Besides, Charles ran out of Chef Boyardee.

1 comments:

Jessica McDonald said...

So fun seeing all your pictures! I can't believe how much older Elizabeth looks! She's turning in to a beautiful young woman. Can't wait for my vacation to see you!!