Saturday, August 2, 2008

A little Bit of Life

With the craziness of summer there hasn't been much time for blogging. Here is a snapshot of what we have been up to...

The last day of the semester turned out to be a celebration for all of us. AFY was over so I was finally done working 60 hour weeks! Charles and Jacob had finished school and gotten some impressive grades! I decided that I wanted to go to Texas Roadhouse (pretty much my favorite restaurant, have you ever had their rolls and cinnamon honey butter?? YUM) Sarah and Jason picked him up the next day. It was sad to say goodbye, I am going to miss having family so close. (I am holding out hope that Cleo will decide to come here when she graduates!)






I applied to be the Head Resident of an on campus dorm. This basically means that I would be in charge of making sure the dorm functioned properly for 100+ girls. We would be live on campus in a two bedroom apartment, rent and utilities are paid with a $550 stipend every month. It would be a great blessing if we get the job. We had an interview a little while ago. Charles had decided when school got out that he was going to grow his hair as long as he could. I had decided to let him have fun with it but much to his dismay I drew the line and cut it for the interview.




The final Product, you would think cutting hair was torture.



We celebrated Charles birthday early since he was in California for the real deal. For dinner we had my uncle and cousins over. Later that evening we played a rousing game of Settlers. Since it was his birthday I let Charles win. :)



This is the absolutely amazing cake I made for Charles, very tasty!



Before Charles left I had a day off, we decided to go see some of the wonders of Idaho.







It was the perfect day, not to hot and sunny! We went to Mesa Falls and Hariman State Park. Idaho is definitely beautiful in its own way.

Summer has been wonderful despite all of the interesting changes that come with pregnancy and our busy schedules. We are just enjoying life!

3 comments:

The Queen said...

Yay! A post! I am so excited for you to get here on Monday. It's been so fun to have Charles back. His hair looks great. ;) I hope you get the job!!

Jenny said...

love the qualifier, "in its own way." lol. :)

glad you got to have some fun. we can't wait to see you!

Aubrey said...

charles looks like heath ledger in his haircut pictures... crazy! You're looking adorable with your little bump.