Sunday, August 3, 2008

Almost, but not quite

This has been the first time since being married that Charles and I haven't been together. It feels like forever. I don't know how you all do it when your husband leaves for a month or longer. Especially with kids. Luckily my sister Sarah has been pretty nice to me about it, calling me and making sure that I am ok. Her husband is in the Navy which means he is gone a lot longer than 5 days. So the time is almost up but before I get to leave and fly to California to be with family I still have lots to do. Can I get it all done before then? I hope so. Work has been crazy. Really crazy, I probably wont even get to enjoy vacation because I will be on the phone trying to fix housing problems. Oh well, only a few weeks left and then I am done! Besides, the job does have perks. I had the wonderful opportunity to eat lunch with these gentleman last week.




Elder Anderson's wife was present as well. It was awesome to meet them. We had a delicious lunch and great conversation. It is an experience I will never forget.

1 comments:

Jenny said...

i hope you'll get to relax a little while you're here. we can't wait to see you. your job sounds so tough, but i'm sure you're doing a wonderful job. i hate being away from john, too. i'm not sure how people do it.