Saturday, November 27, 2010

Scare you?

Today, after talking to Charles on the phone I noticed that Ella had gotten really quiet. She had been playing in the living room so I figured she had gone to my bedroom and was getting into something she shouldn't. I looked in my room but no Ella, I looked in her room, no Ella. I checked every room. The bathroom, all of the closets. I couldn't find her. The whole time I am calling her name over and over. I began to seriously be concerned. Had she gotten outside? She just figured out how to open round doorknobs. How far could she have gone in five minutes?!?! I frantically searched each room again calling her loudly. I noticed a portion of her blanket peeking out from behind all of my skirts in the back of the closet. I realized that I hadn't checked there because it is hard to get back into the closet and she has never done it before. I pulled the skirts away and there she was facing the wall hiding from me. When I pulled her out and hugged her she looked up into my face, smiled and said. "Scare you?"

5 comments:

Amy Grigg said...

Ha! That's wonderful. What a cute kid.
....
....
Just wait until she's a teenager.

Carla said...

Isn't that just terrifying??
When I was about 4 I hid under a table while our Grandmother was tending us kids. She was frantic, but finally found me asleep in my new hiding place.

Unknown said...

are you saying something about teenagers amy? lol. I'm glad she didn't do that when I was staying with you guys laura. I would have totally had a heart attack!
oh and Amy,
this is Elizabeth btw. I am just putting victoria signals friend cause my friend is writing a book and I am putting it online for her. yeah...

Jenny said...

what a stinker. she is so cute. :) it's pretty fun to see their little personalities coming out as they get older.

Michelle said...

As a mother all these terrible things run through your head, your heart beats faster, your get clammy....definitely scare you.