Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Bacon Grease Cont.

I thought I better finish up with that story. I had just dumped a cup of bacon grease into the garbage. While I was busy Ella used the ice cream scoop to transfer the grease form the garbage to the couch, slathering all up and down the side and the back cushion.

Lovely.

I used my kitchen degreaser "lysol" and sprayed the couch. Then I used a cloth to get it off. The couch smelled for a bit but it doesn't really even have a spot or stain now. We have microfiber couches, I am not sure I would really recommend this for everyone. The question now is how to get the pen she drew all over the other couch with off...

4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm glad that you updated us. I wondered what happened with the grease, and I'm so glad you got it out. Yikes. Aren't these busy one year olds fun? Today Milo learned how to open the oven. He opens it nearly every time he walks by and leaves it open. I may not be able to bake anything for a very long time. 5 kids, and he's the FIRST to do this!!! Good luck with the pen. :)

Brent said...

Why do they (we) do that?

Congratulations on the grease stains; good luck on the ink.imi

Carla said...

oy vey!

Methinks you need to buy Ella some washable crayons/markers to satisfy her need to scribble with whatever/wherever. :)

Michelle said...

For pen, I've heard hairspray. But don't spray it directly on the couch, use a rag.