Thursday, December 24, 2009

The Night Before Christmas

Twas the night before Christmas when all through the house everyone was stirring even a mouse.
The stockings were hung all over the place because we conserve trees and don't have a fireplace.
The young children were nestled all sung in their quilts while adults sneaked in one more game not feeling any guilt.
Charles in his element while I went to the back, to settle down for a long winters nap
When out in the living room the arose such a clatter I sprang from the bed to see what was the matter.
The light in the living room hung straight and bright
giving the luster of mid-day to cards in the night
When what to my wondering eyes should appear
but Charles had beat all at UNO
I knew in a moment it was time for a treat
so retreating to the kitchen I made caramel corn in a heart beat
More rapid than eagles like coursers they came
eating it all up before I could blame
now Charles, now Roger, now Carla and Hugh,
now Lyle, now Brent and Elizabeth too,
Out of the kitchen to living room they go
eating the popcorn and putting on a show
There we sat for the rest of the night
enjoying each others company
Oh boy was it a sight!

Merry Christmas!

1 comments:

The Queen said...

Hey save some for me!!!!

I was just wondering today if you had ever gotten around to making any. We missed you all today. See you tomorrow!!