Saturday, September 5, 2009

Day 1

I have a love hate relationship with running. I love getting out in the morning evening or afternoon, I am not to picky, and starting the run. I try to pace myself knowing that soon I am going to be straining to go one step more. About 10 min into it I wonder what I am doing. 11 min in I think I am going to die. 12 min in I cant breathe anymore. 13 min in things start to look better. By 20 min I am past the hard part and can sprint to the end. That is my absolute favorite part, when I finish my body is high on endorphins and I feel the delight in what I have just accomplished.

How do you feel about running?

6 comments:

Home Front said...

I absolutely despise it! But I think you already knew that. :)

Unknown said...

I used to hate running and sometimes when I think about it before I go, I hate it then, too. But I have been running all summer and I try and run three times a week for a half an hour each time. It was a struggle at first, but now it's great. Not going to lie, though, some days when I am running, it seems like it is never going to end.

Twenty Somethin' said...

Oh I used to HATE running. But something clicked inside me. I like it a lot more now. It's a lot more fun running with a pretty woman though. Even if she is in a heck of a lot better shape than you are.

Jessica McDonald said...

I love running! I'm back home and starting a new routine. Wake up at 6:30 am, head to the gym, and run the treadmill!

Carla said...

I feel nostalgic. sigh

Lori said...

I don't run in public anymore. I run in private attire, usually at about 5 am. In CT, as you will remember, I ran in tiny circles in the basement, around and around the stairs. Now I run back and forth upstairs, stopping just short of Elizabeth's room (its dark, and she's usually asleep--don't know what I am going to do when she starts seminary next year). I have a similar experience with the "burn in" time you mentioned. Running has less recreational value then it used to, but I'mgladd I can still do it.

Dad P.