Friday, November 13, 2009

Birthday Celebration

This year, when Charles asked what I wanted for my birthday, I told him to surprise me. He did an excellent job!
We celebrated on Tuesday, that morning he came home from work and made me buttermilk pancakes and scrambled eggs with bacon. Yum! Later that night we got a friend to baby sit and he took me to Applebee's. It was so nice to eat warm food and not have to get up every minute for Ella. It was also nice not to have any dishes to clean up! After dinner he took me to a cupcake cafe called The Cocoa Bean. We asked about the company, who set it up and found out they are opening one in Provo soon. We order a grasshopper cupcake. It was pretty darn good. (Actually I ordered, Charles would have picked plain ol vanilla, but it was my birthday so I got to choose.) It was good to see the competition... Well maybe they aren't yet but if I do open a bakery here then they will be. :)
We finished up with a glamorous trip to Walmart. We needed to pick up a few things. It was so nice to be able to hold Charles hand instead of juggling a baby and shopping cart! Going to Walmart made me realize how much I have become like my parents. They used to go to home depot or similar places for their dates. I used to think they were crazy but now I can see that the important thing was that they got out. Alone. With NO children tagging along.
All in all it was a splendid birthday. Here's to another great year being me!

5 comments:

Twenty Somethin' said...

Dear Laura,

I'm glad my brother gave you a good birthday.

Hughbert

Michelle said...

Matt and I typically end our dates with going to the grocery store! So we're old and married!

BEN and BRIT said...

Happy Birthday Laura! Sounds like a sweet time with the Hubby. Cocoa Bean cupcakes is so yum! Did you know there is one in Rexburg? Now that I have your blog I'll add you to my friends!

Unknown said...

glad your birthday went so well. i like when i get to the point where i'm not worring about sterling. i try not to think about him too much. i presonally think cocoa bean cupcakes need something...good frosting and attractive but just ok.

Carla said...

I'm glad you had a great birthday celebration... I guess having a good marriage is being happy wherever.