Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Life



After a few weeks without, we now have the internet! Hooray! It has been a whirlwind of a move. I will give you the readers digest version. We moved into the house on April 15. The place was pretty dirty and they left stuff everywhere so I had to move them out before I could move us in. Thankfully my lovely sister Sarah was here to save the day. We actually had a lot of fun together. It was great to have time to goof of without our husbands. Having Charles get here was a breath of fresh air. Two weeks without him, I felt like I was drowning. The first week of school was hard. Charles has a lot of homework, classes and was also trying to find a job. He got a job and on his first day I got sick. Really sick. Probably the sickest I have ever been in my life. 105 degree fever, aches, pains you name it. It was awful. I was so weak and delirious that I could not take care of Ella. I was able to get a hold of Charles at work and asked him to come home. (actually I was crying on the phone, did I mention I didn't feel well, yeah I felt like I was dying) So he came home asap and ended up taking me to the ER. We were there most of the night while they pumped me full of fluids and tested me for various diseases. They wanted to keep me longer because I kept passing out but I felt I could recover faster at home. The next day a lovely sister from the ward came over to take care of Ella so I could sleep all day. Charles went to class and tried to catch up on hw. He was planning on going back to work that day but it turns out that since he left to take me to the ER they "let him go". Apparently they needed someone more responsible and reliable. (If you ask me a man who will leave work to go take his wife to the hospital is very responsible) The crazy part is that it was an on campus job, who knew that he would have to choose between family and a job at BYU-Idaho.
Things have started to calm down. We are all moved in, Ella and I are getting into some sort of routine, I have recovered from my mysterious flu, and the weather is warming up.
Ella is seems to have a new trick everyday. She laughs and smile all of the time. I love it! I also love that she is sleeping through the night. (In the crib!) I am a much better wife and mother with sleep.


Just as a side note, I am writing this with Ella on my lap and as I pulled up the pictures of her she started to talk to her pictures. She seemed to think it was funny. So Cute!