Thursday, June 14, 2012

22 Weeks

This pregnancy has been a lot different than Ella's. With Ella it was easy, not much in the way of morning sickness nor aches and pains. The pregnancy felt easy even though there were complications with it. This pregnancy however has been an up hill battle. The morning sickness was so bad the first 2-3 months I didn't go anywhere, not out, not to church. Nothing. I sat in bed all day trying to eat food, not vomit and stay alive. I finally figured out that dairy products were making the morning sickness worse. I cut them out and things got better. Now in the middle (or end?) of my second trimester I have been dealing with very strong and painful Braxton Hicks and hypo tension. I must admit that sometimes I am not very positive about it all. Don't get me wrong. I am SO excited to be pregnant. The fact that there is a baby growing within my womb is so thrilling and wonderful I get emotional just thinking about it. But I do tend to complain...probably more than I should.

Today however has been a great day! My blood pressure finally got up to 101/51 so I had no dizziness or fainting spells. I haven't had any desire to be sick. I was able to clean up the house and make pizza for dinner (non dairy for me) and now Ella is going to bed early! So I thought I would share for all those who do not live nearby the classic "look how big my belly is getting" photo. I have never been very good at taking these. Even with Ella I think I only have two. This photo was hard to get since I had a 3 year old crawling around the floor trying to use me as a human bridge, but here I am at 22 Weeks.



I took this photo many times because I think that it makes me look smaller than I am. I have decided it's because I took this photo in the morning. I am always bigger at night after I have been eating all day. :)

We really had a great day. The Disney Princess soundtrack was played at least 3-4 times. There was a lot of dancing, swimming, and reading. Ella decided my cookbooks were interesting to look at. This was a sweet picture I took before she twisted up her face and said, "eww yuck!" She didn't think that lobster looked very delectable.


4 comments:

Jenny said...

I'm so glad that you had a good day, and that you posted a picture. I hope things keep going well!

Brent said...

Ella is right; lobster does not look like something good to eat. Glad to hear that you are feeling better---Would you like for us to bring over some dill pickles?

Lori said...

Blessings abound!

Rachel and Jared said...

aw, it's so tough. Just do what you have to do to survive right now. I was on zofran the entire pregnancy with Porter. I was so sick, it was awful. Yay for good days!