Friday, May 11, 2012

Surprise!

This week has been full of them. Luckily the surprises are good ones which I am springing on others. Here is one for you...









We are having a baby!

I am in my eighteenth week. The baby is due October 17. And yes, we are SO very excited to be welcoming this little tyke into our home!!

but wait... there's more :)








I have been having a lot of fun telling everyone. I was the only one who went to the ultrasound so I got to tell Charles. :) I may do it this way for each baby, its fun. I bought a little star wars shirt and wrapped it up with the ultra sound pictures. I had him first guess form the pictures what the gender was, then I let him see the shirt. He is REALLY happy to be having a son. We then explained to Ella that she was going to have a brother! (She still thinks
she is getting a brother and a sister...)



The next day I made strawberry lemon cupcakes and filled them with a green lemon curd. We brought them over to my in-laws and let them discover the secret inside. It was fun to see the expressions.




I then traveled to Utah and sprung the news (of the gender) on my parents and (the news of both the pregnancy and gender) grandparents. I should probably explain at this point that our parents and family knew I was pregnant. No one knew the gender till last weekend. We are just now announcing to all friends and extended family.

I loved this announcement because it was so candid. I was taking a family photo and said to Ella, "say, I am having a baby brother!" It took a second and then this...



My brother Jacob came home tonight and so I gave him the box pictured above.

As you can see I have had way to much fun with this. So, there you have it... Surprise!

6 comments:

Jenny said...

hooray! so happy for you!!!!

Cleo said...

I love those last two pictures of your family! haha, Congratulations Laura I am really so excited for you!

Sarah said...

Wahooooooo!

Rachel and Jared said...

How fun! congrats! It's so fun having one of each!

Michelle said...

Congratulations! I LOVE those last two pictures. That's great!

Carla said...

The 'It's a Boy!' photograph totally needs to be framed! ha