Thursday, July 1, 2010

Sewing projects

Here is some catch up on what I have been sewing of late.


I love the skirt! It has godets in it. (I think that it how it is spelled, pronounced go day.) Anyways it is a lot of fun to spin around in. Now I just need Charles to take me out dancing!
The pants have welt pockets which are supposed to be hard to make but truthfully were not all that bad. I think that I had more trouble with the skirt than the pants. I used a Burda pattern for the skirt and it was a BAD experience. I don't know that I will buy another Burda pattern. ever. The godet insert pattern piece was much to big for the panel piece. I had to pretty much remake the pattern pieces. I may as well have made my own pattern. the directions were pretty confusing as well. I used a Vogue pattern for my pants. Vogue patterns are more expensive but wont it. They have more detailed instructions and are easier to follow.

Lately we have been doing a project every two weeks. I am working on a knit hoodie at the moment. Next up is my very first quilt.
9did I mention there are only three weeks left in the semester!) SO exciting! I have to say, it is soooo nice to have machine here at home! If I didn't have it here I would live in the sewing lab and we would only eat boxed mac and cheese for dinner. (oh wait, lately we have been doing that anyways...)
I am a bit nervous about picking out fabric for the quilt. My teacher gave me a lot of good advice hopefully it helps. Wish me luck!

3 comments:

Brent said...

Ok Charles; get with it!

Carla said...

Whoa! Your hair is growing, the skirt is really cute, and your pants fit impeccably. And you didn't like to sew. hahaha
Vogue patterns are the bomb. Not skimpy with fabric, cut nicely and they are tested. Totally worth the $$.

Jenny said...

both look great! hope the quilt is coming along. good luck with the rest of the semester. it was so good to see you guys over the 4th. thanks for coming down!