Thursday, February 25, 2010

Catch up

I haven't posted about us in awhile. This is due to the fact that I have been up to my ears in homework leaving me little time for anything other than necessary activities. Also I found out that somehow all the pictures I have from Ella's birthday are MIA. Where they went I have no idea. Maybe I did not have my card in when I took them? I was pretty upset when I figured out that I don't have a single picture from her birthday. I think I am going to re create the cupcake eating this weekend. Otherwise she will be sad every time her siblings pull out photos of them stuffing cake in their face. We have been having a grand ol time celebrating around here. Ellas birthday, Valentines day and our Anniversary fall within two weeks of each other. Can you say CHOCOLATE? We have had a lot. Charles and Hugh made Emily and I dinner for Valentines day. It was delicious and I may have to put the recipes on my blog...someday. For Ella's b-day Hugh gave us a gift card to go out to dinner so he could babysit Ella and let her spend time with her "favorite Uncle" (his words, not mine) so we used it to go out on our anniversary...though Cleo babysat not Hugh. opps. Don't worry Hugh, We will still have you babysit sometime soon! We had a wonderful time going out on our own and I LOVED eating dinner at my own pace while it was still hot without having to cut it into a million little pieces and share it with my one year old. Ahh, simple pleasures. Some other things which you will find pictured below; Ella busted her eyebrow open. She fell into the corner of our entertainment center and split her forehead open. I was so scared that she was seriously hurt but after cleaning up the blood and going to the doctor it wasn't bad at all. She did not end up needing stitches and as you can see from the picture (it was taken a week later) she looks just fine. She also has been playing in her old carseat. She is in an upright one now and she thinks her old one is so much fun. She even fell asleep in it one afternoon. Funny girl! I threw in a picture of the pillowcase I made. It is for my sister Elizabeth's birthday. I love the colors and think it will go well in her room! I have since made some pj pants but don't have a picture of them yet, Right now I am working on a shirt.

So I have some good news and some bad news. Which do you want to hear first?

Ok, good.


I am graduating July 23! Oh boy, so exciting. I still have to apply for my new cluster, apply for fast grad and then register for classes. But I like to be positive and I am 99.9% positive things will work out just fine. This means Charles and I will be going to school full time and the same time. We haven't done this since pre Ella days. I have a feeling that this semster will feel like a breeze in comparison. So don't expect much on the blogging front.

The bad and sad news is that waffle is gone. Though he made me sneeze and have a very itchy throat, we still had a bond forged over many long late night of nursing Ella when he would try his best to persuade me to feed him more food. He also entertained us with his antics of climbing up screens and perching on door frames. Yes, I will miss him. And so will Ella. She would scream with joy at the sight of him! Someday I will have to post that video.


On a happier note, here are photos of all the lovely events and more that have been going on. Enjoy!

4 comments:

Jessica McDonald said...

Thanks for posting the update! I'm so excited that you're almost done with school. Be aware that senior-itis will creep in right about now. Don't let it get to you! So I think I missed something because I've never heard of Waffle? Did you temporarily adopt a kitty? Love the pictures of Ella. She is such a beautiful little girl! Hope you had a wonderful anniversary. I did remember but not in time to send you anything. :(

PS: I hope you got a hot shower yesterday and that you got your power back. Just thinking about taking a cold shower with snow outside made me turn the fire on!

Carla said...

Love those photos of Ella; her hair is growing. :) What a sweetheart.
And thanks for all the other pics, also. We miss Waffle around here. sigh
And I'm sure that Hugh is right up there at the top of Ella's Fav Uncle list!

Sarah said...

holy cow she is getting so big! We really need to get the cousins together soon! Sad Sad Sad I miss my sister!

Jenny said...

she is so cute! i hope the birthday photos turn up. how sad! thanks for posting all the photos. ruby saw the one with hugh and a girl (emily?) and said, "ah, cute." she also asked why charles was sticking his tongue out. :) good luck w/ your last couple of terms!