Monday, October 5, 2009

Welcome to winter

This is what we woke up to this morning.

Flakes were still drifting from down when I took Charles to school. As I took Ella out of the car at the library she looked up in wonder. She has never seen anything like this before. As much as I complain about cold weather, there is something magical about the first snowfall. When you stand under the sky the flakes wrap you in a blanket of white, the world seems to stand still listening to the whisper of the snow landing on the tree branches.

I really do love it.

4 comments:

Cleo said...

Bleeeegghhhh....

Lyle said...

Looks like good Civ 4 weather.

Twenty Somethin' said...

Well when I first saw the pictures I thought to myself "How abhorrid!"
But then I read what you wrote and I decided there is some truth to that. The only problem is I've never known the first snow fall. I only get there in the dead middle of it when people are ready for it to be gone. I hope the happiness lasts.

Sarah said...

I have to agree about the first snowfall, I am going to miss that here in Sunny Florida but I am sure come Jaunary I will be very gratefull I am here!