Sunday, August 9, 2009

Pettit's to the left, Pettit's to the right...

stand up sit down, choose the right! That was my family's cheer. We would say (yell) it together every morning and evening after we had family prayer. I am sure the neighbors wondered what we were up to.

We had my parents and Elizabeth over last week. It was so fun! We packed as much as we could into the two and half days they were here.

My parents told me they had come to serve, my dad weeded the lawn, fixed our broken chairs and the stroller.



My mom helped me to clean the house and make lots of good food. Elizabeth was a great help with Ella, feeding her and playing with her. She even babysat for us so we could go and see the new Harry Potter movie (which I loved:)



They were great!

We had my Aunt, Uncle and cousins over for dinner and games, we had so much fun and ate some really good food, for recipes click here and here, plus my Aunt made an awesome dessert which I will probably have to get the recipe for. So tasty.





Ella had a lot of fun being pushed around in her stroller and chatting with her new friend in the mirror.





Charles was amazing, he was at work during the day pulling weeds in the hot sun. What a hard working man. That might explain though why we couldn't get him to smile in some of these pictures. :)

All in all it was a good time. We have been so lucky to have family who can come and visit us!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

how fun! i love it when family comes to visit us. especially now that we don't go anywhere! :)
ella is soooo pretty.

Carla said...

How fun to have your family there! Your folks are wonderful... too bad they couldn't have stayed a little longer.

Neil and Ms.T said...

Laura, I have no idea what you are doing.....Are you California or Idaho? Is that your new home? Is that Elizabeth? She looks like Sarah! I thought it was Sarah....
What is hubby doing right now? School? Job? What's going on...?.
If you want to tell me TLMuzik@aol.com, write ON girl!
You look great! Baby Ella is beautiful. My new niece is baby Ella too.
HUGS T

Michelle said...

Elizabeth looks like Sarah!!! Don't you LOVE it when your parents come visit? I wish I was neighbors with my mom.